If you find yourself juggling deadlines, becoming easily distracted, and generally getting off-track, you may need to work on your time management skills. Luckily, there are several tools to track time and productivity that may just give you the boost you need:
- Forest: This app urges you to stay focused by using a digital tree. You plant a tree that will continue to grow as you work. If you leave before the work is finished, your tree will die. The app also partners with a real tree-planting organization, so you can feel good about your work in more ways than one.
- RescueTime: This app focuses on productivity, automatically tracking and categorizing where you use your time. You can block distracting websites like Facebook for a certain amount of time and set custom work hours to maintain work/life balance.
- Timeular: If you’re more of a kinesthetic learner, Timeular might be the tool for you. This app comes with a physical tracker that you can customize with your daily activities. Flip the tracker to the appropriate activity and it will track time for that particular task.
- Focus Booster: This simple app is based on the Pomodoro technique, which uses a timer to break work into chunks, with short breaks in between. Users can receive an aesthetically pleasing dashboard that shows how time was spent at the end of the day.
- Timely: As you schedule your week in Timely, the app will predict how much time is needed for each, and as you track your time, you can compare the predictions with how long each task actually took to plan better in the future.
For more help with time management, consider giving 1:1 coaching a try! Contact us for a free consultation on how personal coaching can help you take control of your life and reach your career goals. If you’d like to book a free workshop for your team, learn more here.